ANNOUNCEMENT:AttachZIP 8.8 met Notes en Domino
BP 'NOTESMAIL'PROVIDES ATTACHMENT COMPRESSION, IMAGE OPTIMIZATION AND ARCHIVING FOR NOTES AND DOMINO
With the release of AttachZIP 8.8, end-user enhancements and server-side Zip compression accelerate processes up to 20% faster than v8.0; Notes/iNotes users supported on Windows, Mac, Linux; supported iNotes users with Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari; Server side zip compression supported on Windows, Linux, IBM i, AIX, Solaris
New York, NY - July 26, 2016 - BP Notes Post,providerAlati Crucial remarksiDomino Consulting Services, now offers improved compression, new features, and additional platform supportmaximize available disk space, network bandwidth and performance.Confirm the ZIPis an attachment compression and archiving utility for Notes that significantly reduces mailbox/database size and increases available disk space, network bandwidth, and performance on Domino servers.Reduce mailbox/database size, compress attachments, optimize images:Domino administrators can save gigabytes or terabytes of disk space on Domino servers by compressing attachments and optimizing images, including native XML optimization in Notes mailboxes/databases. End users can automatically convert attachments to zip format in Notes mailboxes/databases. Compressed attachments can optionally be archived to a central Notes database repository and remote server (web, FTP file sharing). One product offering:AttachZIP functionality includes attachment compression, image optimization, and archiving functionality for Domino administrators, end users, and servers sold as one product!Installation based on the Notes template: AttachZIP installation is fast as it is based on the Notes template. As easy as copying a Notes database. No 3rd party DLL installation files or Zip software required on the server or user's desktop!
- Compatibilan's Notes i Domino 9/8/7
- Serverplatforms: Windows, Linux, IBM i, AIX
- Desktopplatform: Windows, Mac, Linux
- Notes Zip compressed on Windows, Mac, Linux
- iNotes Zip compressed with Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- Notes Traveler, Blackberry Server-Side Zip Compression
- Automatically compress attachments in outgoing, incoming, old emails
- Schedule mailbox/database compression and archiving daily, weekly, monthly (Windows, Linux, IBM i, AIX)
- Compress attachments to Zip, 7-Zip, native LZ1 format
- Image optimization and image optimization of attachment icon; Native XML optimization
- Enforce a Zip attachment size limit for groups of users
- Include/exclude file types in Zip for groups of users
- Mailboxintegratie met Multilingual User Interface (MUI).
- Compress to Zip format 2-10% better than other Zip programs including PKZIP and WinZip
- Compress 30-70% better than Zip with the 7-Zip (.7z) format option.
- Easy installation: fast deployment on all mail servers and users. No DLL!
- Archive attachments to the central Notes DB repository and remote server (web, FTP, file sharing)
- Access archived attachments via native Document Link and HTTP, FTP, FILE links
"We purchased AttachZIP for 4500 users across 8 Notes domains, which saved us significant disk space and bandwidth in our RHEL Domino 9 environment by compressing attachments and optimizing the image. AttachZIP works great for all of our end users, including Notes 9/8.5 Standard, Notes 9/8.5 Basic, and iNotes 9/8.5 (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) including 32/64-bit Windows and Mac desktops We centrally control Zip activation by including/excluding file type and maximum size of attachments to specific DD groups. We also configured AttachZIP on the server side to handle attachments that external email senders send to internal users."
- IT business messages, [An Indian pharmaceutical company]
"We purchased AttachZIP because our Lotus Domino 8 email server was running out of disk space. Our Domino administrator configured it to convert attachments to ZIP format in emails older than 1 year. We use it on 50 of our largest mailboxes on an ad hoc basis. We haven't yet explored the end-user or scheduling functionality, but they saved us in emergency situations where we needed to reclaim disk space. After running AttachZIP, we issued the Domino Server console command "Load Compact - B' to see the current operating system level disk space savings."
- Erik Ricalde, Desktop Support Manager,Travel Exchange Ltd
"AttachZIP saved our Lotus Domino 6.5 mail server that was critically low on disk space. We configured AttachZIP to handle 200 of our large mailboxes in a local mailbox replica. When a Notes 6.5 user sends an email, it is automatically converted to ZIP format. We scheduled AttachZIP to run on weekends and archive attachments in emails older than X days. The attachments have been (1) replaced with the original Notes document link, (2) converted to ZIP- format and then (3) moved to the Lotus Notes database archive data on another hard drive. The original header (summary) and body of the email remain in the user's mailbox. We also want to mention that IVE Technologies has excellent technical provided support to help us implement the solution quickly."
- Haniappah Abdul, Executive Director of IT,BASF Construction Chemicals UAE LLC
Release notes (highlighted)
• Resolves an issue where Inbox/Forward/Reply icons are missing when handling attachments with the Notes client and AttachZIP.
• Processing time when sending an e-mail with attachments is slightly faster (faster per message, not per attachment).
• Resolves an issue with the font and size of Zip attachment names. It sometimes no longer appears as a small font.
• Resolves an issue in the Notes client (default) not displaying "".Email is collapsing... Please wait" in the Notes status bar.
• Help button documentation now uses topic sections for easier understanding and navigation.Add ZIP 8.78
• The AttachZIP end-user profile now supports a custom message in the attachment size limit section.
• The user prompt displayed to the end user has changed to include "AttachZIP - Maximum attachment size exceeded" in the title bar, an icon with an exclamation mark, a custom message appended with "Size:", "Limit:" and " File :". Size is now shown in MB instead of KB.
• Bytes to MB conversions now use 1,048,576 instead of 1,024,000 in all calculations.
• Fixed message recall issue (fix included in v8.77)
• Other minor changes.Add ZIP 8.0
• Multiple mailboxes can now be selected in an extended profile using a DD group. i.e. Mailboxes / DB query: Mailboxes / DB (by group).
• Scheduling is now supported on Linux, IBM i, AIX.
• Mac is now supported for end users and enhanced profiles (desktop process attachments).
• iNotes 9/8.5 web client is now supported in the end user profile.
• A new Zip engine called "7-Zip" can now be used for end user profile (requires Windows desktop) and scheduling on Domino Windows servers. 7-Zip compresses 30-70% better than Zip with the "Ultra (.7z)" option. Ultra (.zip)" option will compress 2-10% better than "Standard (Notes 6.0+)" option. Requirement:7-Zip-softwaremust be installed on the desktop for the end user profile or schedule server (or run-on-server option).
• Image optimization and attachment icon image optimization are now supported.
• An end user's profile now supports the maximum size of attachments for up to 3 DD groups (specify a different size for each group).
• A Notes.ini parameter can be set on the user's desktop (using a custom AttachZIP 9 or 8.5 email template) that overrides any lines in the end user's AttachZIP profile in azip.nsf. However, any restrictions, such as maximum attachment size, are ignored. NotesMail_AttachZIP_Disable=1
O BP-u 'NotesMail'
BP Notes Postis a silver business partner specialized inSolutions for collaborationsoftware for more than 20 years and providingAnnotation tools, hosting iadvisory servicesincluding Notes and Domino application development, messaging and application migration, system integration, web design, security camera installation, and computer repair. Our primary focus is on Notes and Domino, as the name suggests. We are different from other consultancies becauseOpmerking i Dominois our top priority, and not just part of a wider IT practice. NotesMail is headquartered in New York, NY, USA.
Launched in 1994, BP NotesMail offers bespoke Collaboration Solution (ICS) software to suit each customer's unique environment. NotesMail has sold its Notes tools to thousands of organizations, including Notes administrators and Domino developers, representing millions of users combined. It serves customers in a wide variety of industries, such as healthcare, pharmaceuticals, automotive, aerospace, communications, electronics, energy, education, government, finance, media, transportation, legal, accounting and insurance.BP NotesMail has provided ICS software advisory services to hundreds of corporate clients including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Toyota, Epson, Seagate Technology, Johnson Controls, Siemens, Virginia Commonwealth University, University of Illinois, Department of HUD, United States Marine Corps, Missouri State Patrol on the highway, JPMorgan Chase. These include State Street Bank, United Parcel Service, Sony Corporation, Ernst & Young. We consistently deliver technical excellence, outstanding customer service and innovative products to small, medium and large businesses around the world. With the professional edge that comes from our management of diverse, highly specialized work related to Collaboration Solutions technologies, NotesMail is well positioned to be the preferred supplier for many leading organizations.
For more information on BP NotesMail's note-taking tools and advisory services, visitBP NotesMail-websiteiGlobal solutions list.
Tags: lotus notes zip mail, lotus notes compression, lotus notes image optimization, lotus notes archive, lotus notes archive, lotus notes attachments
What is Lotus Notes database? ›
A Lotus Notes database is a collection of documents that are organized according to a predefined structure or template. Each database is stored as a separate NSF (Notes Storage Facility) file on a Lotus Domino server, which is a central repository for all Lotus Notes databases.What is the history of Lotus Notes? ›
The first Lotus Notes release was shipped in 1989 and sold over 35,000 copies. The operating system it required was either DOS 3.1 or OS/2. It provided the following revolutionary features considering it was 1989, Encryption, signing, and authentication via RSA public-key for the secure transmission of documents.Do people still use Lotus Notes? ›
In July 2019, HCL Technologies completed the acquisition of Lotus Notes from IBM for $1.8 billion. So, is Lotus Notes still used? Yes, but not in the way that you may have known!How many companies still use Lotus Notes? ›
Around the world in 2023, over 5239 companies have started using IBM Lotus Notes as email-management tool. Companies using IBM Lotus Notes for email-management are majorly from United States with 2309 customers. 41.13% of IBM Lotus Notes customers are from the United States.Why did Lotus Notes fail? ›
Lotus 1-2-3 was one of the first applications that made IBM's original PC a serious business tool, but it fell by the wayside due to poor coding decisions, failure to adapt, and the crushing tactics of Microsoft.When was Lotus Notes discontinued? ›
By 2008 the Lotus.com domain name stopped showing a standalone site, instead redirecting to www.ibm.com/software/lotus, and in 2012 the site discontinued all reference to Lotus Software in favor of IBM Collaboration Solutions.What happened to the Lotus software? ›
Lotus was surpassed by Microsoft in the early 1990s, and never recovered. IBM purchased Lotus in 1995, and continued to sell Lotus offerings, only officially ending sales in 2013.Which is better Lotus Notes or Outlook? ›
The maintenance of Outlook is much simpler and easier as compared to Lotus notes and the cost of maintenance is not that high as IBM Notes. The Lotus Notes is compatible with almost every operating system including Linux, Windows, and Mac.What is Lotus Notes called now? ›
HCL Notes (formerly IBM Notes and Lotus Notes; see Branding below) and HCL Domino (formerly IBM Domino and Lotus Domino) are the client and server, respectively, of a collaborative client-server software platform formerly sold by IBM, now by HCL Technologies.What is illegal circular use in Lotus Notes? ›
The "Illegal circular USE" message will appear when the script library CoreEmailClasses is missing in the mail file. Replace the design of the mail file with the appropriate mail template to restore the script library.
Why did HCL buy Lotus Notes? ›
This time, HCL is buying the intellectual property ownership of the products. HCL says this plays to its strategy of expanding ownership of products and platforms that offer higher margins than its infrastructure, development and maintenance businesses.What companies use HCL Notes? ›
|The Travelers Companies, Inc.||10,000+||Hartford|
|Citigroup, Inc.||10,000+||New York City|
|Standard Chartered Bank||10,000+||London|
|Ernst & Young||10,000+||London|
Lotus Notes ERP Integration Scenarios
Automate repetitive employee data entry processes. Automate the issuing of employee tasks based on business rules. Monitor, enforce and report on best practice and compliance procedures. Create multilevel workflow processes that start or end outside of Lotus Notes.
You can use Lotus Notes to send and receive email and Internet mail, schedule appointments, browse the Web, and use powerful business applications in your daily work.What database format does Lotus Notes use? ›
NSF File Format - Lotus Notes Database Format.Is Lotus a database? ›
Lotus' centralized database allows for streamlined document management, collaboration, and integration. However, most companies that utilize this database software use it only as an email hosting technology and have been since the mid-90s.Is Lotus a database software? ›
Lotus released Lotus 1-2-3 on January 26, 1983. The name referred to the three ways the product could be used, as a spreadsheet, graphing tool, and database manager.